Crush your next certification exam with your new subnetting skills.
What you’ll learn
CCNA IP Subnetting – Simplified Course
- Become skilled at IPv4 subnet calculations.
- Perform IPv4 subnet calculations quickly.
- Select appropriate subnets to use in an enterprise network design.
- Basic understanding of why IP addresses are used in networks.
In this course, you’ll learn the basics of IPv4 addressing and master the skill of subnetting.
Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Describe the structure of an IPv4 address.
- Recognize IPv4 address classes.
- Distinguish between public and private IPv4 addresses.
- Explain the difference between unicast, broadcast, and multicast communications.
- Convert binary numbers to decimal.
- Convert decimal numbers to binary.
- Determine how many subnet bits are required to create a specific number of subnets.
- Calculate how many host bits are required to support a specific number of hosts.
- Given an IPv4 address and a subnet mask, calculate the network and directed broadcast addresses.
- Calculate the usable range of IPv4 addresses for a subnet.
- Troubleshoot incorrectly assigned IPv4 addresses.
Who this course is for:
- Cisco CCNA certification candidates
- CompTIA Network+ certification candidates
- IT professionals responsible for configuring subnets (VLANs).